All You Need To Know About HDFC Ergo Health Insurance

All You Need To Know About HDFC Ergo Health Insurance

Buying a health insurance policy in India has become much simpler these days. As a customer, you have plenty of options to pick from. You can compare the policies and choose one that best matches your requirements. Some of the health insurance policies in India are performing exceptionally well, and it would not be wrong to say that HDFC Ergo is one of them. This insurance company offers tons of features and advantages to its policyholders, and the easy claim settlement process makes the whole experience even better.

As a matter of fact, HDFC Ergo health insurance products are offered by the well-known HDFC Ergo General Insurance Co Ltd. In case you do not know, it is among the top five general insurance companies in India. It was the year 2002 when this insurance company came into existence. At present, HDFC Ergo is available in almost 90 cities all through India, having more than 110 branches. For those who not know, this insurance company is a result of a Joint Venture between Ergo International AG and HDFC Ltd. While we all know that HDFC Ltd is an Indian finance company, Ergo International AG is a part of the Munich Re Group. In this joint venture, ERGO has 49 per cent share, while the rest 51 per cent is owned by HDFC. Mumbai is the place where the head office of this insurance company is based.

Why HDFC Ergo is so popular among the customers?

The wide array of insurance policies offered by his company encompasses individual plans and the family ones as well. HDFC Ergo offers comprehensive cover at pocket-friendly premium prices. The best part is that it has more than over 9,000 hospitals in its network, spread across all over the country. Most of the network hospitals offer features like flexible payment schemes, cashless hospitalization, and high NCB.

We all know how hectic today’s lifestyle has become, particularly in the metropolitan and Tier I cities of India. For today’s working class, having a health insurance policy from HDFC Ergo can prove to be a boon. People these days are more vulnerable to diseases, which is mainly a side effect of poor lifestyle choices. Medical interventions are required more frequently nowadays.

Even a single day spent at the hospital can lead to huge medical bills. When you have to manage everything with your fixed monthly salary, medical expenses can make things worse for you and your family members. The health insurance policies offered by HDFC Ergo cover both pre and post hospitalization charges. In short, these policies can safeguard the happiness and well-being of your family.

Some of the benefits of HDFC Ergo health insurance

  • 9000+ network hospitals: This is perhaps the biggest strength of this health insurance company. All over India, more than 9000 hospitals are listed in the HDFC Ergo network, and all of them offer you the advantage of cashless hospitalization. At the time of hospitalization and medical emergency, it helps a lot when you get several options to choose from. Having a network hospital in the vicinity can provide you with a lot of relief in such situations.
  • Robust customer support: In times of distress, we all look for help, which is why HDFC Ergo maintains an easily reachable customer support service for its customers. The 24×7 customer care service offered by this health insurance company is always available to handle your claims and queries.
  • Wider coverage: It has often been seen that basic health insurance policies do not cover a lot of aspects. In this regard, HDFC Ergo covers a lot of things, such as pre and post hospitalization charges, day care procedures, etc.
  • Quick and easy claim settlement: When it comes to making a health insurance claim, the policyholders usually don’t get a positive experience. Long and tedious process, makes the whole experience somewhat bitter for them. But, companies like HDFC Ergo make sure that the process remains transparent, quick, and simple for their customers. Even the renewal process has been kept super agile, which is ensured through the online renewal system.

What policies are offered by HDFC Ergo?

The entire range of products offered by this health insurance company is divided across four categories, and they are- individual health insurance, senior citizen health insurance, parent health insurance, and maternity insurance. The Health Surakhsha Insurance offered by this company is among the best-selling ones. You also get the advantage of AYUSH feature with this insurance company, which covers ayurvedic treatment as well.

So, that’s all about the different aspects of HDFC Ergo health insurance. If you want to cover yourself and your family members under a well-designed policy, you can go for the family floater plans. It will provide you with enough cover and hassle-free experience.

Published by

X